Summer.. the mango’s season! Missing it badly! To my surprise this year, we are finding lot of sweet mangoes here in our stores and cannot resist buying them. To all the ice cream lovers and specially mango lovers, mango ice cream is a must to taste. Very easy to prepare anytime. But this time, I haven’t used fresh mangoes as I wanted to enjoy them as is. I have a store bought can of Mango pulp which I used in this recipe. It’s nice and sweet, comes perfect for a mango ice cream. If you taste this mango pulp just like that, you’ll feel as if you are eating pulp extracted from ‘Rasalu’.. a variety of mango which is sweet and juicy. The recipe calls for very limited ingredients so it’s not at all a hassle to prepare. Let’s start with the recipe then.. Happy Cooking!
For those who want to use fresh mangoes in this recipe, peel out the mangoes, cut into cubes and then, run them in a mixi to make the pulp. Finally, for 2 cups of pulp, add 2 tbsp sugar and mix well. Add sugar only if the mangoes not that sweet. Otherwise, you can skip adding sugar.
1 tub Cool Whip(8oz)
2 tbsp Sweetened Condensed Milk
2 cups Mango pulp
1 tsp Vanilla essense
1. Chill a wide bowl in refrigerator for about 10-15 mins.
2. Meanwhile, soften the cool whip with a whisk. It might take few mins.
3. Take the chilled bowl, add the cool whip. To it, add the pulp, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla essence and mix well.
4. Cover the lid of the container and refrigerate it for 4 hours.
5. After 4 hours, take out the bowl and empty the mixture into a mixi. Run it until smooth.
6. Bring back the mixture into the bowl and level it even. Take a plastic wrap and cover top of the bowl in such a way that the plastic wrap touches(is intact with) the mixture.
7. This is to avoid forming any layer of ice on top of the mixture. Cover the lid and refrigerate it for 5 hours.
8. Yummy mango Ice-cream is ready by now and you can now serve chill, topping it with some fresh mango pieces or strawberry pieces.