It’s always a yes-yes for a hot-hot soup in such cool-cool winter. I am right 🙂 may be not so hot but a warm.., delicious soup in a cold evening.. imagine how satisfying it could be. Getting on some soup recipes these days. That’s the best, easy and healthier way to satisfy your tummy in winters. If the chicken stock or the vegetable stock is readily available, your work is all done in just few minutes. Today’s recipe has the vegetable stock included but, in the coming posts, I’ll also explain the other way.. without using the store bought stock. Vegetarian stuff though 🙂 Here is the recipe then.. Happy Cooking!
1 medium Butternut Squash(peeled, seeded and cubed)
1 large onion finely chopped
2 tbsp unsalted Butter
1 32oz Vegetable stock/Chicken stock
Nutmeg for seasoning
Salt and Black pepper for seasoning
1. In a non-stick pot, melt the the butter, add the chopped onion and stir until translucent.
2. Add the Butternut squash cubes and the vegetable stock.
3. Bring to simmer and cook until the squash turns tender.
4. Collect the squash chunks into the mixi jar with a fork or a spoon. Blend well into puree and bring it back to the pot.
5. Stir in and cook for 2 more min on a medium low heat. Season it with nutmeg, salt and pepper. Serve warm.