When the Puff pastry sheet is readily available, I am sure making Veg Puffs or Egg puffs is not a big deal. It gives an easy way to go ahead making these wonderful snacks in no time. Yet, there can be lot of flavor variations when it comes to the stuffing preparations. This made me post this recipe here. Had few veg puffs at the snack-time this evening along with a hot cup of tea and what else?!!! can’t avoid to share it 🙂 Here it is.. Happy Cooking!
1 Pastry Sheet
1 Carrot chopped
2 tbsp Green Peas
1 Medium sized Potato
1 Small Onion chopped
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp Ginger Garlic paste
1 tsp Chat masala
1 tsp Cumin seeds
Pinch of Red chilli powder
salt to taste
1. The very first thing you have to do is to thaw the Pastry sheet, only the quantity needed. The sheet comes in folds, so, thaw the entire sheet for about 10 mins and then use a knife to get the required amount of sheet. Tear the sheet into palm size square pieces. I made 4 such pieces this evening and left back the remaining in the freezer.
2. Meanwhile when this thawing process is happening, the other side, boil the chopped vegetables until cooked.
3. Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pan, splutter the cumin seeds and add the onion and ginger garlic paste. Fry well.
4. Add the cooked vegetables and some salt. Saute them for about 5 mins.
5. Take a potato masher and mash the vegetables.
6. Add all the spices and mix the curry well.
7. Adjust salt, and turn off the heat. Let it cool.
8. By this time, the Pastry sheet pieces should be soft enough to handle. Place a spoon of curry on all the sheets.
9. Preheat oven at 450. Fold and seal the sheets to one side. Put them on a greased baking sheet and place it in the oven. Bake for about 15 mins or until golden brown.
10. Serve with tomato ketchup.