How about a super-moist cool pineapple cake for today??!!! Slurp? I know.. 🙂 This is the first layer cake I have ever made myself and I am so happy that it was a grand success! Otherwise, would have spoiled my hubby’s B’Day 🙂 Tried many recipes for a nice spongy cake and almost failed everytime. But, this was a hit. Could not stop more to bring this out here 🙂 For any cake, the Indgredients quantities are so important and so, before trying any cake recipe, please make sure that you have all Ingredients in required amounts. Ofcourse, the touch-ups are in your hands always! This happens to be my first Cake on Indianrecipe4u too.. enjoy and Happy Cooking!
1 1/4 (150gms) All-Purpose flour
2/3 cup (150gms) Sugar
2 tbsp Corn flour/Corn starch
4 eggs (yolks and white should be separated)
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1 cup pineapple juice(Drained from the can or fresh)
1 tbsp Sugar
8 oz Crushed pineapple (Canned) or 1 cup fresh
Pineapple rings (Canned) – A can with 5 rings or more to decorate
For the Pineapple Cream topping:
500ml Whipping Cream
4 tbsp Icing sugar
1 tsp Pineapple extract(optional)
The way I made:
1. Sift All purpose Flour, Corn flour & Baking powder twice in a bowl.
2. In a mixing bowl, beat the egg yolks till frothy and fluffy. Combine 2 tablespoons of sugar and continue to mix till the mix is thicker. Add the Vanilla extract & beat until the quantity almost doubles.
3. In another bowl, with an electric or hand mixer, beat the egg whites till bubbly. Gradually beat in sugar, until thick and meringue-like & peaks form. This might take about 5-10 minutes.
4. Preheat oven to 350 Degree F.
5. Now, gently fold in the egg yolks mix into the egg whites mix. Do not stir. Sift the all purpose-corn flour-baking powder mix into the egg mix. Fold in the flour with a spatula or whisk to combine. Do not stir or move too much, so as not to let the air escape.
6. Lightly grease the Cake pan ( best to use a 9″ spring foam).
7. Pour the mix carefully in the pan and place it in the oven.
8. Bake for 30 -35 minutes or till the toothpick comes out clean when inserted at the center of the cake.
9. Cool the cake on a wire rack.
Prepare the Cream:
1. If you are using liquid heavy/whipping/double cream, use chilled cream and whip/whisk cream in a chilled bowl until nice peaks form. Keep the whipped cream chilled.
2. Divide the prepared/prepackaged Whipping Cream into 2 Bowls. Add 2 Tablespoons of icing Sugar to each bowl. Allow one bowl to stay chill in the Fridge.
3. Add half the amount of the Pineapple Extract to the bowl if you are using the extract. Beat the Whipping Cream, Sugar and extract till the cream is thick, fluffy & forms peaks. Fold in the the Crushed Pineapples with this Cream. Mix well.
4. Repeat the step 3 for the second bowl when needed.
**** I have substituted whipping cream with the cool whip. The cool whip is not that stiff, melts fast, though, it worked as I finished decorating the cake fast and took it to the fridge to chill****
Pineapple Cool Cake arrangement:
1. Divide the cake horizontally into 2 or 3 parts.
2. Combine the Pineapple Juice(Drained from the Pineapple cans) & 1 tablespoon of sugar.
3. Place the bottom layer of the cake on the cake tray or plate that you are going to serve.
5. Spoon the pineapple juice mixture over the cake until moist.
6. Spread the cream prepared above, on the top of the layer. Sprinkle remaining crushed pineapple if desired.
7. If you have 3 layers, Place the next layer on top and repeat the steps 5 and 6.
8. Place the final layer and spoon the pineapple juice. Spread the remaining cream on the top and sides of the cake. See that your cover the whole cake.
9. Finally, place the pineapple rings on top in the way you desire to give it a look and keep it in the fridge and let it chill for and hour and little more.
10. Take it to the Birthday Boy/Girl or slice it to serve 🙂