It has been a while uploading a post here.. came back after a long Holiday with many interesting recipes. For now, I am here with a very fast and simple recipe with Cauliflower.. Hummnn!!! It’s such a vegetable which doesn’t attract many. But I promise with this recipe, you are gonna fell in love with this Veggie 🙂 Ravi is’nt a big fan of Cauliflower and so, had to give it an innovative thought every-time I make it 🙂 So.. I may come up with more of different Cauliflower recipes in future too 🙂 This was just a try I gave with some Coconut masala which I usually use for a dry Potato Curry. It worked great with Cauliflower too..! No doubt it’s gonna be a wonderful accompany to Pulkas or Chapathi. Here is the recipe.. Happy Cooking!
1 big Onion
1 medium sized Cauliflower
2 1/2 tbsp dry Coconut power or a 3-inch length-2-inch wide fresh coconut piece
1 1/2 inch Ginger piece
4-5 Green Chillies
1 tsp Mustard seeds
3 tbsp Oil
Salt to taste
A pinch of turmeric
The way I Cooked:
1. Chop the Onion into small thin length-wise chopped pieces and separate the Cauliflower florets, chop to adjust the florets sizes and keep aside.
2. Heat oil in a wide pan, add the mustard seeds and let them splutter. Add onion and saute them until translucent(transparent). Add the Cauliflower florets now.
3. Add some salt and turmeric mix well and let the florets cook soft but not mushy. Do not close the lid while cooking.
4. Put the coconut, ginger and green chilli in a mixi jar and make fine paste of it. Use little water if needed. (Note — I have taken a close-up shot of this which is why the Ginger piece looks quite big. Do not worry, go ahead according to your taste or just a 1 1/2 inch piece of it as mentioned under ingredients)
5. Once the florets are cooked soft, add in the coconut paste and mix well. Adjust salt and garnish with the coriander/cilantro leaves. Enjoy it with rice/chapathi or pulka.