A very hearty welcome to “Indianrecipe4u” viewers!!! This is my first post on my cookery website and I have decided to make your first visit as sweet as possible with this yummy “Kobbari/Coconut Halwa” (Sweet/Dessert) recipe. The preparation time is atleast 10 mins. So fast isn’t it?!!! All you need is grated fresh coconut, sugar and as many dry fruits as you like to drop in.. 🙂 Let’s start!
2 cups grated Coconut, fresh or frozen
1/2 cup uncooked Rice
1/2 cup Sugar
2 tbsp Ghee/Butter
1/4 tsp Cardamom Powder
Dry fruits/Nuts as you like (I took 1/2 cup of Almonds(Badam), pistachios(pista) and Cashew mix)
1. Soak rice in enough water for about 4 hours.
1. Grind the soaked rice and grated coconut into smooth paste adding some water. Do not make it watery.
2. Heat Ghee/Butter in a small pan and add the dry fruits/nuts. Fry them until they slightly change in color. Remove from heat and keep aside.
3. Heat a pan, add sugar. Add some water so as to just immerse the sugar in water. Bring the sugar solution to boil.
4. Add the coconut+rice paste into boiling sugar syrup and mix thoroughly untill the mixture gets thickened.
5. Add the fried dryfruits along with ghee and mix well. Serve hot/chilled.
6. Serve hot/chilled.